Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Wedding and ER Visit

My friend from college, AJ, got married on November 17th in Atlanta.  Her wedding was beautiful and it was so much fun to see so many of my friends from college.  It was also really fun to have all of our husbands with us and watch them have fun together.  

AJ was a beautiful bride and the wedding was so Christ-centered.  Everything they said and did pointed to and talked about their love for Christ and making him known.  


AJ and I met within the first couple weeks of our freshman year (in 2001).  

Funny story:  AJ had a bicycle accident one afternoon during our sophomore year (that's not the funny part).  We got a call from the doctor on campus saying that they were taking her by ambulance to the hospital and that we could meet her there.  Several of us jumped in the car and we got there before the ambulance did. The rooms were all full when AJ got there and she had to wait in a bed out in the hall.  We were standing beside her for awhile just keeping her company.  Her mom was on her way, but she lived 3 1/2 hours away so it took her awhile.  At some point while we were waiting I got upset about the whole situation and started feeling like I was about to pass out.  This was not the first time I'd done this.  I have many other stories of passing out or almost passing out because I hit my hand, someone told me a really sad story, etc.  It's a condition I apparently have that I inherited from my dear dad.  Ha!:)  

Anyway, while AJ was laying in the hospital bed with a fractured skull I turned as white as a sheet, started seeing spots and hearing a ringing in my ears (sure signs). The nurses around us had me sit down and others rushed to my side.  I was SOOOOOOO embarrassed that I wasn't the injured one, but I was getting all the attention.  Thankfully, I didn't pass out that time, but I was so close.  I promise I wasn't trying to steal her thunder.  Ha!  

Another time when we were in college we were driving down I-85 through Greenville (I remember the spot) and she was following me in her car.  She was a little behind me but not that far.  She got pulled over and got a ticket for speeding and I didn't.  She was slightly annoyed about that one.  


Me and my friend Keri that I don't see nearly enough, but it makes me so happy when I do!


My wedding date!! 


We dropped the kids off with my mom that day around lunch and then headed to Atlanta for the wedding.  We got back to their house about 8:20 and started getting the kids ready to walk out the door so that we could get home to Greenville.  Bert was preaching the next morning so we needed to get on back.  

We were walking out the door.....all the kids had already pottied and I had my purse on my shoulder.  I was saying bye to my dad in the kitchen and Bert had walked into the living room to herd the kids to the car and I heard a "hurt scream." A recessed light had fallen from the ceiling and onto Hannah's head.  There was a lot of blood.  All the blood freaked me out a bit.  I wasn't screaming but I've been told I was jumping around a little and shaking my hands in the air.  I think we've established that I'm not the very best in emergencies (AJ story and this).  We hopped in the car to take her to the ER and Mimi rode in the back with her to keep pressure on her head. 


By the time we got there the bleeding had stopped and we could tell that it wasn't as bad as we first thought.  Thankful for that. 

Waiting on the doctor in our pajamas and wedding attire....


We played eye spy while we were waiting on the doctor and Bert caught Hannah doing a fist pump in the air after guessing one really fast.  Doesn't look too bad off does she?  I think she was enjoying the attention from Mommy, Daddy and Mimi.  


The doctor came in and glued her right up.  She said that she didn't need stitches or staples which we were thankful for.  We weren't able to wash her hair for a week, which was a little long, but the dry shampoo worked wonders.  We were back on the road by a little after 11pm and made it home by 12:30am.  We were thankful for time with friends and family and that Hannah's injury wasn't any worse.  

No comments:

Post a Comment