Monday, November 25, 2013

34 Weeks and Counting

I'm finished with 34 weeks today!  Just 6 weeks to go!  I had a check-up today and got a good report.  My blood pressure was 114/64.  Claire's heart rate was 138 when she first put the monitor on my stomach.  Right after the doctor started listening Claire started moving and kicking.  Within about 20 seconds her heart rate had gone from 138 to 149.  The doctor said that when the baby is moving that her heart rate is supposed to go up...it's a sign of a healthy baby.  We're thankful.  

I'm feeling pretty good to be 34 weeks.  Some things are getting more difficult....cleaning up the playroom, bathing the girls, putting on tennis shoes, etc.  Thankfully, Bert's basically taken over the bathing of the girls for now.  Sleep is going okay.  I have good nights and bad nights.  I usually get up around 3 times a night...sometimes a few more.  My back really hasn't hurt me for weeks, and I've actually had less heartburn than I did a few weeks ago.  I have a favorite chair in our house...it's a big comfy green chase lounge.  You just sink down into when you sit down.  It's Glorious....except when you're very pregnant.  Then, it's not so glorious because it takes so much effort to get up.  I still sit in it some, but it's temporarily not my favorite.  I've also been having more Braxton Hicks contractions and pressure. The Braxton Hicks contractions make me a little nervous because even though it's not labor it's my body's way of getting ready. I often think...should I already be having these? Is my body getting ready too soon?:) The doctor said that that it's very normal to have more of these contractions and to start having them earlier in the pregnancy after you've had multiple pregnancies. Good to know! 

Claire is pushing, kicking and moving all the time these days. If I sit still for just a few minutes I will see my stomach bulge out on one side where she is pushing out with her arm, leg, or bottom. It's CRAZY to see this little girl moving inside of me. I know you're running out of room, Claire Bear, but just hang on a little while longer.:) 

Yesterday we told our sweet girl's name...Claire Kaylin Watts!  I'm so excited that we told and I'm so excited about being able to talk about her by name.  I had this great idea that it would be fun to keep the name a surprise this time around...we've actually known her name since early September.  I've heard of lots of families that have kept the name a surprise and it sounded fun!  Bert was good with whatever.  It's been bothering me more and more that I couldn't say her name....even in our own house when Emily was around.  It may be fun for some to keep the name a surprise, but it just wasn't for me.  It was causing me stress.  Bert finally convinced me that this was one bit of stress that I didn't need and didn't have to have.  So thankful for my loving, patient husband.  He loves me well.   

My next appointment is in 2 weeks.  I'll be 36 weeks and will start going to the doctor weekly at that point!  Our December calender is already filling up and I have no doubt that it will fly by.  I'm excited!  


Claire, I love you and I'm so so thankful for you!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment