Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Celebrating Katherine

On Saturday afternoon we headed over to Toccoa to celebrate Katherine!  We were celebrating her birthday (Nov 4th) and her upcoming graduation from grad school (she'll be graduating from East Carolina University with a Masters in Library Science in December)!  I'm SO proud of my sister!  She's been working so hard....working part time in the school system, going to school, having to complete over 100 volunteer hours for one of her classes this semester...all while being an amazing wife, mom, daughter, sister and friend.  I honestly don't know how she did it, but I'm proud of her and so excited for her that she's almost finished with the craziness!:)  

We started out the party with a pinata for the kids.  

Emily taking a swing at it...


Hannah only wanted to take one swing and I missed getting a picture of it, but here she is holding the bat...


Jacob's turn.  He's getting some pointers from his big cousins on Brett's side of the family. 


Hannah was having a great time at the party...until someone busted the pinata.:)  It scared my sweet girl.  Her Daddy was quick to pick her up, but it still took her some time to recover.  


Side note:  I had actually forgotten about her fear of pinatas and she was sitting in my lap as I uploaded these pictures onto the computer.  As soon as she saw the first picture of the pinata she started scooting back and crying.  She ran from the room just wailing.  Poor baby.  I had thought it might be fun to do a pinata for Em's next birthday party, but if we do I just might have to have someone bring Hannah Beth inside before the kids start swinging at it!


Notice Bert in the back corner with his eyes glued to the TV.  The party just happened to be planned during the GA v. FL game.  Big game!  He was definitely a good sport about it, and I don't think he ended up having to miss much of the game.  He just let all the craziness happen around him.:)  



Happy birthday and congratulations, Katherine Marie!  I love you and I'm so so thankful for you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment