Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Decorations Are Up!

I usually wouldn't think of putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, but this year was different. We're getting ready for sweet Claire.  I decided we could make an exception this year and I'm so glad we did!  

Here are a few pictures of us picking out a tree...


Bert would prefer for us to go cut down a tree from a tree farm like he did growing up...maybe next year we'll be able to make that happen.  

Who doesn't get excited about a little gravel?  


We found our tree!  


Emily's been excited for days about decorating for Christmas.  She wanted to help put every ornament on the tree.  It was fun to see her so excited this year!  


Hannah was excited for a little while, and then decided it would be more fun to go play in the playroom.:)


Emily's probably asked me 20 times if it's Christmas yet.  I can see how it's confusing to her that we've decorated the house, but it won't be Christmas for a few more weeks.  

Somewhere along the way she heard us say that Claire is due soon after Christmas.  Except for that all she heard was Claire and Christmas.  Her other question is...."So the baby is going to be born at Christmas time, right?!"  I'm actually hoping that she'll wait to make her grand entrance until after Christmas, but we'll see!:)  


We had a fun morning decorating and spending time as a family!  I'm so thankful for my family and I'm so excited about welcoming another sweet girl into it.  Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment