Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Baby GIRL On The Way!

Baby Watts is a GIRL!!  We're so excited to be welcoming another sweet girl into our family!  It's going to be so much fun having 3 girls!  Lots of pink, tea parties, dress up clothes, and dolls.  I decided that with three girls I should definitely learn how to braid so I'm going to put that on my list of things to do over the next couple years.  Wish me luck.  I've tried before with not much success, but I feel sure that I'm capable so I'm going to keep trying!!:)  

I had the big anatomy ultrasound on Monday morning (I was 20 weeks on Monday...halfway there...crazy).  We were able to see all four chambers of her heart, her stomach, her bladder, the bones in her legs, her brain, her sweet toes and so much more.  It was absolutely amazing to see her in such detail.  It just reminds me of how big our God is.  He is forming her in my womb.  I've done nothing, but look what He has done!!  It reminds me that He is a loving God and is in control of all things.  

Our sweet girl was moving all around and it was so fun to see her!  She really did look so sweet.  She kept bringing her hand up to her mouth and then one time we saw her stretch her hand behind her head.  I asked the ultrasound tech if it might be stuck back there...it honestly didn't look very comfortable to me, but by the next time we looked she had already moved it.:)  We were so thankful for a good report and a healthy baby! 

When we got back home from the doctor on Monday morning, Emily asked if we got the baby out while we were there.  Ha!  The other day she said "Mommy, is Daddy going to get the baby out??"  I certainly hope not!!  

This pregnancy has been going very smoothly.  My nausea stopped at about 12 weeks....I've had a little here and there, but mostly it stopped then.  I've had some mild lower back pain on my right side.  I'm trying to be careful to carry Hannah as little as possible b/c they've said some of my back muscles are weakened due to the pregnancy.  It's hard not to carry such a sweet, cuddly little thing though....especially when she lifts her arms up and says "up peese."  Good luck saying no to that!  

I've been feeling the baby kick more and more.  Bert was actually able to feel her kick for the first time about 3 days ago.  So fun!  I love feeling her kick, but I like for him to be able to experience it too!       

The picture below is a 20 week pregnancy update photo, and believe it or not, it was taken by Emily Jean Watts!  It's a little crooked, but I was impressed!!  


On Monday night we decided to go out to dinner as a family to celebrate our baby girl on the way!  We were so thankful for a good check-up for her and we couldn't think of a much better reason to celebrate!  We decided to go to Mutt's BBQ in Greer.  Kids 4 and under eat free, the food is great (I really wanted mac and cheese), and they have this train that runs on a track all along the top of the restaurant.  Hannah especially LOVES it!!  Every time the train would ride by (it came by every couple minutes) she would get so excited, point at the train and yell "choo choo!!"...just like it was the first time she had seen it!!:) 


Family picture of our night out celebrating!  


Sweet baby girl, you have a mommy and a daddy and two big sisters who love you so so much!  We can't wait to hold you in our arms!  We're praying for you!  

PS:  Keep up the good kicking...it makes me smile!  

No comments:

Post a Comment