Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fun in the Sun - PCB 2013

Our girls had such a great time at both the beach and the pool this year!

Emily loved the sand and she enjoyed the water (the last beach trip we took she ran from it....so she's definitely warming up!)  


Emily getting ready to cool off in the water...


Hannah had lots of fun playing in the water once she warmed up to it, but the sand really wasn't her idea of a good time.  Once we finally put her in the chair in the picture below she quit crying and just decided she would hang out and relax.:) 


After a little while she even sat up and started playing with her shovel in the sand....never leaving the chair of course.  I've got to say I understand where Hannah's coming from though....I love the beach but I don't love getting sandy.  I love to sit in a chair, feel the breeze, listen to the waves and read my book!!  


Her sister had sand from her head to toes and didn't mind one bit.  


This is a hole that Emily and Papa worked to dig.  She's actually standing in it!!  


These girls love to get thrown in the air!!  

I caught Hannah's picture right as Bert was catching her but I loved her big smile!!  


Emily asked me to throw her up one time, and I told her that was Daddy's job.  I'm not even sure I could get her in the air at all, but definitely not this high!:)  


Uncle Stan, Aunt Katherine, Papa and Hannah just hanging out in the pool!  


Hannah talked Uncle Stanley into throwing her up...she loved it!  


We went to dinner at Boon Docks and the food was so good!  We've been to this restaurant the last two years and we'll be back.  


Family Photo...


Uncle Stanley with his nieces and nephew...he loves them!:)  


After dinner we headed over to the race track for the guys to ride race cars.  These guys are very serious about their annual vacation race car driving.  This year they were bumping and knocking each other (as usual) around like they were driving bumper cars and Stanley actually got called off the track in the middle of the race.  I felt bad b/c I have know doubt that my husband, brother-in-law and Dad were just as much to blame, but Stan was a good sport about it!:)  I'm sure he's planning on getting them back next year.  


The whole family!  


We had such a great time on vacation, and we're so thankful for our family!:)  Next year we'll be added one more sweet little one to this picture!  Can't wait!  

No comments:

Post a Comment